List of Free Games
From Wizardchan Wiki
The following is a list of free games that can be played on the PC, for wizards on a budget. Please don't add links to pirated content to this list.
|FreeCiv||Clone of Sid Meier's Civilization II||√||√|||
|FreeCol||Clone of Sid Meier's Colonization||√||√|||
|Battle For Wesnoth||Turn based strategy game in fantasy settting||√||√|||
|0 A.D.||Historical military RTS set with factions dating from 500 B.C. to 500 A.D.||√||√|||
|Warzone 2100||Real time tank strategy game set on wasteland||√||√|||
|Alien Arena||Sci fi first person shooter||√||√|||
|Xonotic||Arena first person shooter||√||√|||
|Warmux||Clone of Worms||√||√|||
|UFO: Alien Invasion||Similar to X-Com games. Try to stop aliens from invading earth.||√||√|||
|SolarWolf||Scramble through levels to collect space boxes, based on Atari 2600 SolarFox||√||√|||
|Frets On Fire||Guitar hero -like, played on keyboard||√||√|||
|Aurora||Deep & complex 4X space simulation||√||x|||
|OpenTTD||Clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe||√||√|||
|Simutrans||Transportation business simulator||√||√|||
|Neverball||Tilt 3D environment to lead ball to hole, like super monkey ball||√||√|||
|Pingus||Lemmings clone with cute penguins||√||√|||
|Danger From The Deep||WW2 German Submarine Simulator||√||√|||
|FlightGear||Sophisticated open-source flight simulator aiming for use in academic and training environemnts||√||√|||
|Nethack||Exploring dungeons of doom, classic roguelike||√||√|||
|Angband||Roguelike based on Tolkein fantasy||√||√|||
|Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup||Dungeon crawler roguelike||√||√|||
|Ancient Domains of Mystery||Roguelike||√||√|||
|UnReal World||Survive in iron age Finland||√||√|||
|Dwarf Fortress||Run a colony of dwarfs||√||√|||
|Liberal Crime Squad||Run a liberal crime squad||√||√|||
|Decker||Computer hacking room-to-room roguelike||√||x|||
|Yume Nikki||2D dream exploration game, made with rpg maker||√||x|||
|OFF||Strange land exploration game, made with rpg maker and translated from French||√||x|||
|SkiFree||Skiing arcade-style game with a chasing yeti||√||x|||
|Powder Toy||Basic physics sandbox with d/l scenarios||√||√|||
|I Wanna Be The Guy||Difficult on purpose platformer||√||x|||
|Spelunky||Side scrolling game about spelunking||√||?|||
|Cave Story||Side scrolling cave exploration platformer||√||√|||
|La Mulana||Side scrolling tomb exploration platformer||√||x|||
|MineTest||Minecraft clone, more advanced than minecraft in some areas||√||√|||
|BSDGames||Pack of command-line interface games||x||√|||
|Winboard||Windows chess board to run chess engines on||√||x|||
|XBoard||Linux chess board to run chess engines on||x||√|||
|Irisu Syndrome||Falling blocks game with an underlying horror story||√||x|||
|Torus Trooper||Endurance 3D tube shooter featuring catchy electro beats||√||x|||
|rRootage||Bullet hell shoot em' up with dynamically generated targets||√||x|||
|TUMIKI Fighters||Polygonal side scroller. grab onto falling enemies to use as shields||√||x|||
|Need For Madness||3D derby stunt racer which allows completely custom car meshes||√||?|||
|Radical Aces||3D space shooter set on Mars with controller support||√||?|||
|Endgame: Singularity||World conquest using Artificial Intelligence network||√||√|||
|Bitfighter||2D top-down arcade-style multiplayer shooting game. Can be played singleplayer with bots. Supports the usual CTF and deathmatch game mode levels, but has a level editor that allows for the creation of many different modes.||√||√|||
|StarCraft||Real time strategy in Sci-Fi environment with competing alien races||√||x|||
|Hexoshi||Platformer similar to Metroid.||√||√|||
|Vidiot Game||Quirky minigames, like wario ware.||√||x|||
|Techno Chopper||Fly through a techno themed environment with rhythm effects, 3 unique music tracks, visualizer mode, and 2 player mode.||√||x|||
|OpenRA||Clone of Command & Conquer||√||√|||
|Line Rider||Draw some lines, then watch a sledder ride your creation.||√||√|||
Flash or Java Applet Games
- LineRider - Draw lines for a sled man to sled on.
- Pandemic 2 - Develop a virus in order to destroy the world population.
- Motherlode - Drill into a planet to extract minerals.
- Bloons Tower Defense - Set up monkey defense system to pop incoming balloons.
- Hex Empire - 1 player, 3 comp hex wargame on small land + water map.
- Bow Master - Defend your castle with archery.
- Dan-Ball - Collection of games made in java, lots of physics simulators.
- Dicewars - Chance-based board game. Conquer up to 8 bots. Random board generation.
- Agar.io - Balls eating smaller balls to grow.
- Slither.io - Snakes encircling each other in order to acquire maximum length.
- Pretend Your Xyzzy - Players play offensive cards to fill in a blank, and point is awarded for best fit.
- Drawception - Players alternate between drawing and describing situations to be drawn.
- GeoGuessr - Given a random place on google maps to view, place a pin on a map for where you think it is.
- Wiki Game - Race other players from one wikipedia article to another by clicking links in the article.
Emulators and Other
- ScummVM - Interpreter for various adventure games, especially LucasArts SCUMM engine games. Some free games available including Beneath A Steel Sky and Flight Of The Amazon Queen. Other games easily found online.
- DOSBox - Emulates the DOS operating system. DOS games easily found online.
- Gargoyle - Interactive fiction interpreter, with support for many different formats. You may find links to free interactive fiction at the Interactive Fiction Archive
- Frotz - Another IF interpreter for Z-Code games (.z*), may be preferred due to running from text interface.